There are statistics and numbers left, right and centre showing that video marketing is much more effective than marketing without video. These are pretty convincing for some time now, and they just sound right. It is amazing, though, how many online “marketers” still haven’t heard about it, or still haven’t really got the message in that they still don’t know how to apply video (properly).
Initially, let us look into the major facts making video marketing such an effective selling tool. I discovered the following list of pretty straight-forward top-6 facts here plus the additional list further down to the bottom, both hammering home the basic idea and making you get the message right away:
- Companies from A like Apple to Z like Zappos, the online shoe retailer, use video extensively; Zappos, for example, makes product demo videos for every one of its shoes, and their video team produces more than 2300 videos per week
- Why? Because, according to another set of Zappos data, the company’s conversion rate grew by between 6% and 30% for items that included product demos. In addition, site visitors who viewed a video prior to buying a shoe were 52% less likely to return it
- Stacks & Stacks, the online kitchenware sellers, reported shoppers to be 144% more likely to purchase from their site after watching a product video compared to those who didn’t
- Companies and brands from Adobe to Adidas, Volkswagen to Amazon continue to shift their online marketing strategies aggressively toward online video
- According to internet research company comScore, users share more than 700 YouTube videos using Twitter every single minute
- You will be using video in the marketing effort for your business — not because it seems “cool” but because your audience is demanding it
It’s pretty obvious that marketing for your business can’t afford to ignore online video marketing. So, why video?
- Search for video on YouTube is serving as the second largest internet search engine
- YouTube scores an overall third among the most visited websites in the world
- Video shows up on page one of current “number one” popular search engine Google
- A single video is worth 1.8 Million words
- According to comScore, 45.4% of online users view at least one video online per month
- The average user is exposed to an average of 32.2 videos in a month
- Over 100 Million people watch online video every day
- According to comScore, viewers spend 16 minutes and 49 seconds per month on average watching video ads
- The average website visit without video is 50 seconds
- The average website visit with video is over 5 minutes
- 73% of sellers say they would promote their listings with someone using video to market their item
- An Australian marketing group reports that real estate listings with videos receive 403% more inquiries than those without videos.